The Company Perspective
Rate the Raters: Phase Five
Throughout the first four phases of Rate the Raters, we heard perspectives from a number of companies on sustainability ratings, and included some of these in our reports. We certainly heard a lot about the things ratings should do better (greater transparency, more feedback, etc.). Yet, we completed phase four lacking a systematic view on how ratings are being used by, and creating value for, companies. We thus set out in phase five to better understand how companies are using and getting value from ratings, and interviewed nearly 30 companies in the process.
We spoke with individuals responsible for managing the ratings process within these companies and asked them the following questions:
- Which ratings, rankings and indices do you prioritize and why?
- How has your approach to managing ratings evolved over last five years?
- How do you use ratings in your work?
- How do you get value from ratings?
- What and how do you communicate about ratings to your non-sustainability
- How could ratings create more value for your work?
We present the highlights of our conversations in this paper.
- Rate the Raters, Phase 5: The Company Perspective PDF - 547 kB Download
From the Blog
CSR, meet corporate sustainability. And for 2015 at least, how about getting along?
Hemma Varma, Senior CSR Manager Europe at Marriott visited the SustainAbility office recently to sha…
- 20 May 2015 – Vote for SustainAbility to Present Two Panels at SXSW Eco 2015
- 11 May 2015 – Webinar for 2015 Sustainability Leaders Survey Results on May 28
- 28 Apr 2015 – Mark Lee, Lindsay Clinton, and Chris Guenther at Sustainable Brands San Diego